Obagi Medical: A Leader in Skin Health
Headquartered in Long Beach, California, Obagi Medical Products, Inc., is a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops, markets and sells, and is the leading provider of, proprietary topical aesthetic and therapeutic clinically-proven skin care systems in the physician-dispense market. The systems are designed to prevent and improve the most common and visible skin disorders in adult skin. The foundation of the company began in 1988 with the creation of the Obagi Nu-Derm® System, developed by leading skin care experts. In 1997 the company officially began operations as Obagi Medical Products, Inc.
As you begin using the Obagi Nu-Derm System, your skin will undergo 4 phases of transformation:
Phase 1: Out With the Old (Weeks 1-6) Promotes cellular turnover and maximizes the results of your procedure by penetrating the layers of your skin.
- Old, dead skin cells are pushed to the surface and replaced with fresh cells
- Itching, dryness, and redness are normal reactions as your skin adapts to the active ingredients in the system†
- Pigmented skin cells begin to become regulated, creating a more even-toned appearance
Phase 2: In With the New (Weeks 7-12) Smoother, softer, clearer skin is created.
- Your skin begins producing normal, healthy cells
- Pigment cells are distributing melanin more evenly
- Collagen production is stimulated
- Your skin begins to acclimate to the active ingredients of the system
Phase 3: Healthy Glow (Weeks 13-18) Your skin cells are in the process of transformation.
- Collagen production continues
- Your skin is smooth, naturally hydrated, evenly colored, and more resilient
- Your skin is becoming clearer, firmer, and tighter with improved clarity and a healthy glow
Phase 4: The New You (typically lasts indefinitely, with maintenance) You can enjoy a complexion that’s smoother, clearer, and firmer, but remember that maintenance is crucial to long-term success!
Call University Dermatology today to schedule a FREE consultation! 704-596-1787
In the search for clear skin, many men and women head to their dermatologists for professional results. One brand that dermatologists use in their practice is Obagi Medical Products, founded by dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi.
Obagi products are designed to help skin look healthy by minimizing the appearance of aging skin, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, acne, dryness and dullness. Condition-specific treatments gently, yet aggressively, treat skin concerns with prescription-strength formulations.
Your individual prescribed protocol and frequency of use should be determined by your skin care professional, but you can typically expect visible improvements in 4 to 6 weeks.
The Nu-Derm System contains prescription-strength formulations that can be sold only through a licensed practitioner, such as a dermatologist, doctor or highly qualifies Nurse.